The Third Option is an on-going group program to build better marriages and can be used both as marriage enrichment or crisis intervention. For couples who see only two options (his way / her way), The Third Option teaches skills and techniques needed to have happier, healthier marriages through development of better understanding, greater sensitivity and trust, while using more effective speaking and listening skills.
This skill-building program includes 14 workshops, each with their own topic, which cycle throughout the year. These workshops feature sharing from Mentor Couples within a group setting for support. The confidential atmosphere is fun, warm and caring.
Held every other Sunday | 6:30-8:30PM at The Good News Center
Check our Program Registration page for upcoming dates
Gatherings include refreshments. Complimentary Child Care is provided.
Program funded by The Good News Foundation at no cost to participants
- Building a Climate of Respect
- Ending the Blame Game
- Redefining the Power Struggle
- Coping with Control Issues
- Listening Beyond the Words
- Appreciating Personality Differences
- Recognizing Childhood & Emotional Baggage
- Handling Anger Constructively
- Speaking the Truth In Love
- Learning How to Fight Fair
- Breaking the Hurt Cycle
- Practicing Forgiveness & Repair
The Third Option is designed for all married couples. You may come as a couple or individually starting at any time as each session is ‘self-contained’ so you don’t have to attend in sequence.